149 Falls Tullytown Rd.
Levittown, PA 19054
Hours (Summerr Season)
|Weekdays||7 am - 4 pm|
|Saturday||7 am - 12 pm|
How Much Material do You Need to Order?
Our mulch is sold by the cubic yard. Use these hints to estimate how much you will need to order. Stone is sold by the ton and can be estimated in a similar fashion (see Additional Coverage Information on this page).
When estimating quantities for your project it may be easier to break it down into several smaller more managable shapes. Estimate each area individually then add them together and place your order. If you need help estimating, bring in a sketch with measurements and we can help.
How to Estimate Material Coverage
- Determine total square footage you will need to cover.
- Decide how deep or thick to cover
(see our depth recommendations below).
- Use the Conversion Chart below to convert square feet to cubic yards.
- Divide your total square footage by the amount covered by 1 Cubic Yard.
You need to cover 850 square feet to a depth of 3"
575 sqft ÷ 108 sqft/yd = 5.32 cubic yards
Round up and order 5.5 yards of mulch.
Conversion Chart to convert Square Feet into Cubic Yards.
|Square feet covered by
1 Cubic Yard (approximately)
|1" Deep||324 square feet|
|2" Deep||162 square feet|
|3" Deep||108 square feet|
|4" Deep||81 square feet|
|6" Deep||54 square feet|
Recommended Material Depths
- Mulch - New Planting Beds - 3 to 4 inches
- Mulch - Existing Beds - 1 to 2 inches
- Topsoil - New Planting Beds - 6 to 12 inches
- Stone under 1" in diameter - 3 inches.
- 1-1/2" River Jack - 4 inches.
- Ask about other depth recommendations.
Additional Coverage Information
- 1 cubic yard contains 27 cubic feet (3' x 3' x 3')
- Mulch weighs approximately 500-750 lbs per cubic yard
- Topsoil weighs approximately 2,200 lbs per cubic yard
- Stone weighs approximately 2,700 lbs per cubic yard
- 1 cubic yard of stone or sand contains almost 54 of the 50lb bags